Monday, August 13, 2007

Fall that hurts

Last Friday, my little nephews and nieces together with their parent came to my house for a gathering session. The whole house was like a market place, yelling here and there while the adults are much into entertaining themselves. 5 men = minimart, 5 women = super market...
One of my cousin then left her daughter to sleep on Wayne's bed.

When it was time for Wayne to turn in for the night, there was no other choice for me to place him, so I would usually put Wayne on our bed. 4 sides were surrounded with pillows and bolsters and soon he fell asleep. One of my cousin left with her two daughters to fetch them home and she was back shortly. I have the thought of putting Wayne back to his own bed, but looking at the sound asleep baby, I didn't want to disturb his sleep, so I decieded to leave him where he was. I went in every few minutes to make sure he was still sleeping within the man-made surround.

The next moment, I heard a crying baby.....Oh shit...I told myself. I quickly dashed into my room...guess what I saw? My poor little Wayne was lying flat on the floor, head facing down. I quickly held him up, shouted for him as he seems like he wasn't catching his breath to cry out. I patted hard on his buttock, try to make him catch up his breath, finally he cried....but non-stop.

No matter how hard I try to coax him, he was still crying. My mind was blank, all bad imagination went wild... I saw his hand was like in pain. I couldn't see any sign of injury physically except for a little red bump on his forehead. Finally I made him stop, seeing his tears hurt me. I wish I were the one who fell. I try to check for other injuries, lucky he was able to held up things, crawl, play, and his smiles was back again.

I told myslef Wayne has grown up, he can crawl fast. I will always remember this by hard never to leave him unattended from today on.

Thank God, he was fine for the next 24 hours.

No comments: