Wednesday, December 26, 2007

All down with Virus

Monday 17th Dec, Roy and my little Wayne was down early in the morning. I was thinking what did they ate last night? Oh.....we had our dinner at Melt the World Cafe. Roy had Oysters, but Wayne?? He only ate the high class smashed potatoes and some biscuit. That dinner cost us a whopping $78 per person due to christmas season.

Anyway, Roy went to see a doctor and had a jab. He was on MC for the next 2 days. As for Wayne, I didn't think much about the food he ate last night, and felt that he has eaten something unclean. My nanny who was looking after him called up in the noon to ask me to send Wayne to see the doctor. The number of times the diahhorea went up to 5 and the numerous vomitting make me worrying more on dehydration.

I took half a day off and sent Wayne to KK Hospital. Seems like this year I have been visiting KK so often. Hopefully, I don't see it next year. On our way to KK, a active little boy has turned to be a restless boy....Precisely, I don't see any strength in him. He was all quiet and strengthless throughout the whole journey and his tired eyes finally couldn't take it and fell asleep.

My heart aches and tears rolls inwards my heart. Why could this happen to this poor little boy? Why not on me?

In the hospital, he was under observation and was given glucose 15 minutes interval. If no more vomitting, he can leave the hospital, but each times he just failed. The diahhorea and vomitting persist. I really have no other choice but to let him rest his tummy before filling up with glucose again. Finally, he succeeded after numerous tries. Guess the virus more or less emptied from his system after he releases his bowels.

For the next one week plus, the diarrhorea never stops. I took him twice to visit to the PD, until Christmas day itself. He was then fully recovered. He lost at least 3 kg fighting the virus, even the potty he sit, was too big for him at this moment.

The virus was spreadeded to me on the 18th Dec night and was 3 days MC. The virus continue to spread till 太婆 family and least 10 people was down with diarrhorea. Wayne's 太婆 was the worst victim, she ended up in CGH spending 2 nights there.

Virus is still spreading, now to my father in law....hopefully this virus dies down soon...

No comments: