Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Stupiest Thing I Ever Done

Yesterday morning when I left the house , as usual I carry my notebook and took the rubbish as usual to throw away into the main rubbish chute. As I was rushing for time, litttle did I realised that I threw away the most important thing that I cannot leave without for a day...................My handphone. The moment I threw into the chute and released my leg from the stepper, I heard a "tom" sound.... I wondered...The skin of the fruit sounds so loud? The next thing I knew, I threw away my phone.

Oh dear........ immediately I rush home, I put everything down I was holding, rush down to the rubbish chute doorstair hoping to retrieve back my phone. To my disappointment, the chute was shut!

I went home again, quickly woke up my hubby who was sound asleep in bed. In my anxious voice I called out to him "Dear, I threw my phone!. There was no response from him probably he was still in his dreamland. I shoke him awake and told him again, I threw my handphone. He then came awake with a shocking "Huh!!!!!!!"

We quickly went down tried to open the chute. Luckily, he managed to open the door by using the button beside it. I thought " Yeh...my phone was just few step away from me. The moment the shutter opened, my heart sank again. The chute was not those big black bins which we have it in the old estate. Technology was high, the bin can only be open and rubblish will directly transfer into the rubblish truck.

Hiaz...I was disappointed and worried as there were precious photos and video of little Wayne. I told myself that I can lose the phone but not the memory card.

Roy decided to call for help, we looked for the sweeper and told him abt the incident. He got his supervisor and was brought to the chute behind. There was a big opening there but it was dark and smelly. He started the search...Drama right? Finding body? Haha... Another sweeper pass by and helped out. The chute was dark, the sweeper sacrifies to go into the chute to find. I was worried of course and alot of what IFs in my mind. I pray that no one throw rubbish at this hour of time.

I was late so I just left for work. I left the search to Roy and the sweeper. On my way to work, my mind came thinking again about my poor phone, somehow started to think of what model of phone to buy, where to buy. Was it time to change a new phone? N95? Hm..... Dreaming

When I reached office, I quicky called Roy to find out the status of my phone, he say they found it not long after I left. My dream was shattered, N95 was gone.....

Anyway, phone was found, dream was gone. Just have to thank the God, Roy and most importantly the sweeper who did the greatest job. Really appreciated them.

No comments: